Our accounting program, ranked No. 4 in the country by College Factual, is renowned for educating professionals who play a crucial role in the success of their organizations. Our graduates are prepared to excel because they possess first-rate communication skills and understand a complete range of business functions.
- Kwadwo Nyarko Asare - Assistant Professor
- David J. Beausejour - Professor
- Dennis Bline - Professor
- David Casten - Executive-in-Residence
- Charles P. Cullinan - Professor
- Robert H. Farrar - Associate Professor
- Lookman Buky Folami - Professor
- Mary Ella Gainor - Senior Lecturer
- Tim G. Krumwiede - Professor
- Jiayan Li - Lecturer
- Michael F. Lynch - Professor
- Elena Precourt - Assistant Professor
- Saeed Roohani - Professor
- Kathleen A. Simons - Professor
- Lawrence H. Witner - Associate Professor
- Xiaochuan Zheng - Associate Professor
David CastenExecutive-in-Residence, Accounting
Faculty Suite A, Room A-11
Retired partner of KPMG with diverse tax and related financial accounting experience. Member of Rhode Island Bar, CPA in Rhode Island and New York. More than 25 years teaching experience including as an adjunct professor at the Boston University School of Law Graduate Tax Program.
U.S. income taxation and related financial accounting.
Tax and related financial accounting issues.
- American Bar Association Section of Taxation
- American Institute of Certifiied Public Accountants, Tax Section
- Rhode Island Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Rhode Island Bar Assoication
- 2016, Featured Cover Article
- 2014, Outstanding Faculty Master of Science in Taxation Program
- 2013, Best Article of 2012
Casten, D., Lynch, M., "Tax Relief for Executive Compensation Clawbacks Under Proposed Dodd-Frank Rules, The Tax Adviser, AICPA, 2016.
Lynch, M., Casten, D., lynch, n., Captive Insurance Companies: Dead or Alive?, Journal of Taxation of Investments, 2016.
Lynch, M., Casten, D., lynch, n., Captive Insurance Companies: Dead or Alive?, Taxation and Regulation of Financial Institutions, 2016.
casten, d. b., lynch, m., lynch, n., Bryant, published "Captive Insurance Companies: Dead or Alive?", Journal of Taxation of Investments, Winter 2016, with Michael F. Lynch and Nicholas C. Lynch, ", Journal of Taxation of Investments, Winter 2016, 2016.
Casten, D., The Expanding Use of Sustainability Reporting, Standards Setting and Assurance Opportunities for CPAs, The CPA Journal/The New York Society of Certified Public Accountants , 2014.
Beausejour, D., Lynch, M., Casten, D., “Now Is the Time: Converting a C Corporation to an S Corporation or LLC”; with David Beausejour and David Casten, The Tax Adviser, August 2012., 2012.