Our accounting program, ranked No. 4 in the country by College Factual, is renowned for educating professionals who play a crucial role in the success of their organizations. Our graduates are prepared to excel because they possess first-rate communication skills and understand a complete range of business functions.
- Kwadwo Nyarko Asare - Assistant Professor
- David J. Beausejour - Professor
- Dennis Bline - Professor
- David Casten - Executive-in-Residence
- Charles P. Cullinan - Professor
- Robert H. Farrar - Associate Professor
- Lookman Buky Folami - Professor
- Mary Ella Gainor - Senior Lecturer
- Tim G. Krumwiede - Professor
- Jiayan Li - Lecturer
- Michael F. Lynch - Professor
- Elena Precourt - Assistant Professor
- Saeed Roohani - Professor
- Kathleen A. Simons - Professor
- Lawrence H. Witner - Associate Professor
- Xiaochuan Zheng - Associate Professor
Elena PrecourtAssistant Professor, Accounting
Faculty Suite B, Room 331
Elena Precourt is an Assistant Professor of Accounting. After years of working in auditing and corporate accounting Elena went back to school to earn her Ph.D. in Business Administration from University of Rhode Island in 2014. Elena's research focuses on mergers and acquisition, financial analysts’ recommendations and forecasts, corporate bankruptcy and distress, and corporate finance and accounting. Professor Precourt holds professional certifications such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and Certified Internal Auditor (CIA).
Financial Accounting, Advanced Accounting, and Accounting Principles
Analyst Recommendations and Earnings Forecasts, Mergers and Acquisitions, Capital Structure, Initial Public Offering, Bankruptcy and Financial Distress, Institutional Trading.
- Rhode Island Association of Accounting Professors
- American Accounting Association
- The Institute of Internal Auditors
- 2016, Summer Research Stipend
- 2014, Research Award
- 2012, Enhancement of Graduate Research Award
Oppenheimer, H. R., Precourt, E., Acquisitions of Bankrupt and Distressed Firms, International Journal of Bonds and Derivatives, 2016.
Oppenheimer, H. R., Precourt, E., What do Institutional Investors Know and Act on before Almost Everyone Else: Evidence from Corporate Bankruptcies, Journal of Accounting and Finance, 2015.
Asare, K., Folami, L., Precourt, E., Do analysts incorporate formal measures of earnings quality into their earnings forecasts?.
Precourt, E., The Effect of the JOBS Act on Analyst Coverage of Emerging Growth Companies, Emerald Group Publishing.
Precourt, E., Cullinan, C., Zheng, X., Portfolio Liquidity and Share Turnover of Closed-end Mutual Funds, American Journal of Finance and Accounting.
Precourt, E., Gainor, M., Factors Affecting Classroom Participation and How Participation Leads to a Better Learning, Accounting Education: An International Journal.
Precourt, E., Kwon, S., The Decline of Value Relevance of Earnings of Acquirers with Private Targets Following M&A.
Precourt, E., Oppenheimer, H., Do Institutional Investors Trade Consistently with Sell-Side Analyst Recommendations? Evidence from Corporate Bankruptcies., Quarterly Journal of Finance and Accounting.
Gainor, M., Precourt, E., Taking Subjectivity out of Grading College Classroom Participation, Journal of the Academy of Business Education, 2017.