Our accounting program, ranked No. 4 in the country by College Factual, is renowned for educating professionals who play a crucial role in the success of their organizations. Our graduates are prepared to excel because they possess first-rate communication skills and understand a complete range of business functions.
- Kwadwo Nyarko Asare - Assistant Professor
- David J. Beausejour - Professor
- Dennis Bline - Professor
- David Casten - Executive-in-Residence
- Charles P. Cullinan - Professor
- Robert H. Farrar - Associate Professor
- Lookman Buky Folami - Professor
- Mary Ella Gainor - Senior Lecturer
- Tim G. Krumwiede - Professor
- Jiayan Li - Lecturer
- Michael F. Lynch - Professor
- Elena Precourt - Assistant Professor
- Saeed Roohani - Professor
- Kathleen A. Simons - Professor
- Lawrence H. Witner - Associate Professor
- Xiaochuan Zheng - Associate Professor
Kathleen A. SimonsProfessor, Accounting
Faculty Suite B, Room 318
Kathy is a CPA who has won three awards for Outstanding Teaching in Business given by the University and also the Distinguished Faculty Award from the Alumni Association. She has been President of the RI Society of CPAs and has served on the AICPA’s Financial Accounting and Reporting (FAR) CPA Exam Subcommittee. She is also active in publishing. She was recently selected for an Outstanding Author Contribution Award in the 2015 Emerald Literati Awards for Excellence. She remains current on topics and methodology – knowledge that she shares with her students.
Financial Accounting, Graduate MPAc: Accounting Theory, MBA: Survey of Accounting:Reporting and Controlling Resources
FAR Section of the CPA Exam, Accounting Education including Oral and Written Communication for Accountants, Cash Flow and the Relationship Between Dividend Changes and Cash Flow, Financial Accounting
- RI Association of Accouting Professors
- Beta Gamma Sigma Honor Society
- American Accounting Association
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Rhode Island Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Rhode Island Board of Accountancy CPE Committee
- 2016, Merit Award
- 2015, Outstanding Teaching ---MBA
- 2015, Outstanding Author Contribution
- 2014, Merit Award
- 2013, Excellence in Teaching
- 2012, Research Award
- 2009, PWC IFRS Implementation Grant
- 2008, Distinguished Faculty Award
- 2006, Best Paper
- 1990, Outstanding Teaching in Business
Riley, T., Simons, K., The Written Communication Skills That Matter Most for Accountants, Accounting Education: an international journal., 2016.
Simons, K., Riley, T., Communication Apprehension in Accounting Majors: Synthesis of Relevant Studies, Intervention Techniques, and Directions for Future Research , Advances in Accounting Education, 2014.
Simons, K., Folami, L., Students’ Perceptions of the Usefulness of Online Homework Software in Accounting Courses, International Journal of Education Research, 2012.
Bline, D., Krumwiede, T., Simons, K., Folami, L., Bryant University IFRS Ready Teaching Materials for use by colleges and universities, 2009.