Our accounting program, ranked No. 4 in the country by College Factual, is renowned for educating professionals who play a crucial role in the success of their organizations. Our graduates are prepared to excel because they possess first-rate communication skills and understand a complete range of business functions.
- Kwadwo Nyarko Asare - Assistant Professor
- David J. Beausejour - Professor
- Dennis Bline - Professor
- David Casten - Executive-in-Residence
- Charles P. Cullinan - Professor
- Robert H. Farrar - Associate Professor
- Lookman Buky Folami - Professor
- Mary Ella Gainor - Senior Lecturer
- Tim G. Krumwiede - Professor
- Jiayan Li - Lecturer
- Michael F. Lynch - Professor
- Elena Precourt - Assistant Professor
- Saeed Roohani - Professor
- Kathleen A. Simons - Professor
- Lawrence H. Witner - Associate Professor
- Xiaochuan Zheng - Associate Professor
Mary Ella GainorSenior Lecturer, Accounting
Faculty Suite A, Room 13
MaryElla Gainor has been a term lecturer at Bryant University for 10 years and has taught as an adjunct faculty member for an additional 19 years. She has several years of industry experience, both in accounting and operational management, and prides herself on bringing these real-world examples into the classroom. Her areas of interest include active and experiential learning, flipping the classroom, and innovation in the classroom. Some of her presentations include "Teaching Internal Control through Active Learning", "Making it Real Yields Real Results: Converting Interns into Externs", "The ABC's of Standardizing Introductory Financial Accounting Courses", Crossing Interdisciplinary Boundaries with Peer to Peer Learning".
Undergraduate: Principles of Financial Accounting, Principles of Managerial Accounting, Financial Reporting I, Financial reporting II,Financial Reporting III Graduate: Project Management for Accounting Leadership, Reporting and Controlling Resources
Classroom pedagogy, Experiential learning, Flipping the classroom, Active Learning
- American Accounting Association
- RI Association of Accounting Professors, Treasurer
- 2017, Bryant Merit Award for Teaching
- 2017, ODK (Omicron Delta Kappa) Honor Society Inductee
- 2017, Honorary Coach of Bryant Womens Basketball Team
- 2013, Bryant Merit Award for Teaching
- 2013, Bryant's Contributing to Success Recognition
- 2011, Honorable Mention - Bea Sanders Excellence in Teaching Award
- 2007, Nominated for Bea Sanders Excellence in Teaching Award 2008
- 2005, Diamond Sales Award
- 1994, Continuous Quality Improvement Award
Precourt, E., Gainor, M., Factors Affecting Classroom Participation and How Participation Leads to a Better Learning, Accounting Education: An International Journal.
Bline, D., Gainor, M., Zheng, X., The Effect of Active Learning Activities on Knowledge Acquisition and Knowledge Application, Journal of the Academy of Business Education, 2018.
Gainor, M., Precourt, E., Taking Subjectivity out of Grading College Classroom Participation, Journal of the Academy of Business Education, 2017.
Gainor, M., Trifts, J., Duxbury, T., Increasing Active Learning in Accounting and Finance by Flipping the Classroom, Journal of the Academy of Business Education, 2016.
Gainor, M., Bline, D., Zheng, X., Teaching internal control through active learning, Journal of Accounting Education , 2014.
Witner, L., Gainor, M., In the Age of a 3.8% Net Investment Income Tax, Still Advisable to Amortize Bond Premium, Journal of Taxation and Investment, 2014.