The study of economics provides students with an opportunity to understand the most important aspects of modern societies such as the global economy, production decisions, income distribution, consumption of goods and services, government’s role and the interaction between households and businesses.
- Laurie J. Bates - Professor
- Laura Beth Beaudin - Assistant Professor
- Aziz N. Berdiev - Assistant Professor
- Jongsung Kim - Professor
- Sam Mirmirani - Professor
- Ramesh Mohan - Professor
- Xiaofei (Sophia) Pan - Assistant Professor
- Robert Reinauer - Lecturer
- Joseph Shaanan - Professor
- Allison Shwachman Kaminaga - Lecturer
- Edinaldo Tebaldi - Associate Professor
Laura Beth BeaudinAssistant Professor, Economics
Faculty Suite J, Room 142
Research Methods in Economics Intermediate Microeconomics
Economics of Tourism Environmental Economics and Climate Change Sports Economics Topics in Inequality
- North American Association of Sports Economists
- Western Economic Association International
- Southern Economic Association
- Eastern Economic Association
- 2017, Excellence in Teaching Award
- 2017, Merit Award
- 2017, Parity Award
- 2017, Inducted Member of Omicron Delta Kappa
- 2017, Honorary Coach
- 2016, Faculty Innovation Grant
- 2014, Best Paper Award
- 2014, Invited Speaker
Skaza, J., Beaudin, L., Measuring the total impact of demographic and behavioral factors on the risk of obesity accounting for depression status: a structural model approach using New BMI, Applied Economics/Taylor and Francis.
Tebaldi, E., Beaudin, L., Climate change and economic growth in Brazil, Applied Economics Letter, 2015.
Beaudin, L., Examining the relationship between athletic program expenditure and athletic program success among NCAA Division I institutions: A dynamic panel data approach., Journal of Sports Economics.
Beaudin, L., Marriage equality and interstate migration., Applied Economics.
Beaudin, L., Berdiev, A., Kaminaga, A., Mirmirani, S., Tebaldi, E., Using the Principles of Economics Competition to Supplement the Teaching of Introductory Economics, Journal of Economic Education.
Huang, J., Beaudin, L., Weather Conditions and Outdoor Recreation: A Study of New England Ski Areas, Ecological Economics.
Mirmirani, S., Beaudin, L., Berdiev, A., Kaminaga, A., Supplementing the Teaching of Economics with the Principles of Economics Competition, Journal of Economics Education.
Tebaldi, E., Beaudin, L., Hunter, J., Re-assessing the impact of academic performance on salary level and growth., Applied Economics Letters, 2016.