The faculty and students within our multidisciplinary department advance the study and practice of history and the social sciences through teaching, research, and outreach. Our research generates knowledge rooted in historical and social scientific approaches to the study of the human condition.
- Katayoun Alidadi - Assistant Professor
- Judy Barrett Litoff - Professor
- Andrea Boggio - Professor
- Michael Scott Bryant - Professor
- Gregg Lee Carter - Professor
- David John Ciliberto - Lecturer
- Emily Copeland - Lecturer
- John W. Dietrich - Professor
- Sandra Lee Enos - Associate Professor
- James Roy Estey - Associate Professor
- Nicole Lynn Freiner - Associate Professor
- Colten Ward Hall - Lecturer
- Richard Holtzman - Associate Professor
- Harry Joseph Hubbard - Lecturer
- Antoine L. Joseph - Professor
- Paul Lokken - Associate Professor
- Bradford Martin - Professor
- Judith McDonnell - Professor
- Ronald Washburn - Lecturer
Bradford MartinProfessor, History and Social Sciences
Bradford Martin has served as Associate Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences since January 2015. Prior to his current position, he served as History Curriculum Coordinator and Program Coordinator within the Department of History and Social Sciences from 2004-2015. He is Professor of History and the author of The Other Eighties: A Secret History of America in the Age of Reagan (2011) and The Theater Is in the Street: Politics and Public Performance in Sixties America (2004)
Recent U.S. History and American Studies; "The U.S. in the 1970s and 1980s"; "The U.S. in the 1960s"; "History of American Popular Culture"; "The U.S. Since 1865"
Recent U.S. History, American Studies, Popular Culture, Cultural and Intellectual History, Cold War Cultural Exchanges, Modernist and Postmodernist Art and Performance, Popular Music
- American Historical Association
- American Studies Association
- New England American Studies Association
- Organization of American Historians
- 2014, Bryant University Merit Award
- 2012, Bryant University Merit Award
- 2010, Bryant University Merit Award
- 2008, Bryant University Merit Award
- 2006, Bryant University Merit Award
- 2005, Lois P. Rudnick Book Prize
- 2004, Bryant University Merit Award
- 1999, Clarimond Mansfield Award
Martin, B., "Musical Cultural Exchanges in the Age of Detente: Cultural Fixation, Trust, and the Permeability of Culture".
Martin, B., "Musical Cultural Exchanges in the Age of Detente: Cultural Fixation, Trust, and the Permeability of Culture", Indiana University Press.
Martin, B., Musical Cultural Exchanges in the Age of Detente, Journal of Contemporary History.
Martin, B., "Beyond Narcissism: Politics and Popular Culture in the Age of Malaise", Wiley-Blackwell, 2013.