The faculty and students within our multidisciplinary department advance the study and practice of history and the social sciences through teaching, research, and outreach. Our research generates knowledge rooted in historical and social scientific approaches to the study of the human condition.
- Katayoun Alidadi - Assistant Professor
- Judy Barrett Litoff - Professor
- Andrea Boggio - Professor
- Michael Scott Bryant - Professor
- Gregg Lee Carter - Professor
- David John Ciliberto - Lecturer
- Emily Copeland - Lecturer
- John W. Dietrich - Professor
- Sandra Lee Enos - Associate Professor
- James Roy Estey - Associate Professor
- Nicole Lynn Freiner - Associate Professor
- Colten Ward Hall - Lecturer
- Richard Holtzman - Associate Professor
- Harry Joseph Hubbard - Lecturer
- Antoine L. Joseph - Professor
- Paul Lokken - Associate Professor
- Bradford Martin - Professor
- Judith McDonnell - Professor
- Ronald Washburn - Lecturer
Judy Barrett LitoffProfessor, History and Social Sciences
Faculty Suite C, Room 226
Judy Barrett Litoff, Professor of History at Bryant University is the author of 14 hardcover books and 8 paperback editions and more than 100 articles, book chapters, and reviews in American women's history.
American Women's History, U.S. Women and World War II, Gender and American Culture in the 1950s, Cultures and Economies in Transition, The U.S. and China, 1931-1950, The U.S. and World Politics
American Midwives, Collaborative Learning at a Distance Between the United States and Nations in Transition, U.S. Women and World War II, American Women's History
- Coordinating Council for Women in History
- Organization of American Historians
- Phi Alpha Theta
- Phi Kappa Phi
- Pi Sigma Alpha
- Southern Association of Women Historians
- Southern Historical Association
- Stages of Freedom
- American Historical Association
- Rhode Island Black Heritage Society
- 2017, Bryant Unversity Summer Research/Travel Stipend to Dubai and Vietnam
- 2016, Bryant University Merit Award
- 2013, Sinology Fellow, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2015
- 2007, Honorary Chairs' Award for Lifetime Achievement in the Humanities
- 2006, Best in French Culture Award for An American Heroine in the French Resistance
- 2005, Research and Publication Award
- 2001, Who's Who in America, 2001 - present
- 1997, Bryant University Summer Research/Travel Stipend to Ukraine, May 19-June 9.
- 1997, Eurasia Foundation Travel/Research Grant to Republic Georgia, June 9-June 17
- 1997, Research and Publication Award
- 1996, Center for International Business and Economic Development and Department of Defense Travel/Research
- 1996, Herstory Award
- 1995, Travel/Research Grant to England and France
- 1994, James Madison Prize
- 1989, Distinguished Faculty Member Award
- 1988, Distinguished Faculty Member Award
Barrett Litoff, J., Home Fronts At War, Oxford University Press .
Barrett Litoff, J., Manuscript Review, 2015, Oxford University Press.
Barrett Litoff, J., Review of Nursing Civil Rights, forthcoming, Journal of Southern History.
Barrett Litoff, J., Comparative Home Fronts Conference.
Barrett Litoff, J., HIS 361: Gender and World War II.
Barrett Litoff, J., Memory, Museums, and Culural Heritage, June 2016, Fourth International Symposium on Chinese Language and Culture.
Barrett Litoff, J., Nursing Civil Rights 2016, Journal of Southern History.
Barrett Litoff, J., Womanpower and Propaganda, 2016, University of Pittsburg Press.
Barrett Litoff, J., Writing the War: Chronicles of a World War II Correspondenct, Michigan War Studies Review, 2016.
Barrett Litoff, J., Memory, Museums, and Cultura Heritage: The Chinese People's War of Resistance against Japanese Aggression, 1931-1945" , Tourism and the Shifting Values of Cultural Heritage , 2014.
Barrett Litoff, J., Review of Chasing Ghosts: A Memor of a Father, Gone to War, Fordham University Press , 2014.
Barrett Litoff, J., Miss You: The World War II Letters of Barbara Wooddall Taylor and Charles E. Taylor, University of Georgia Press, 2013.
Barrett Litoff, J., Philanthropy in America: A History, The Historian , 2013.
Barrett Litoff, J., Reivew of Making War, Making Women: Feminity and Duty on the Ameican Home Front, North Carolina Historical Review, 2013.
Barrett Litoff, J., Review of "The Trouble with Propaganda: World War II, Franco Spain, and the Origins of Postwar Public Diplomacy" , Journal of American History, 2013.
Barrett Litoff, J., Review of Philanthropy in America: A History, The Historian, 2013.
Barrett Litoff, J., Review of Ruth's Box: Old Letters, New Truths, University of Missouri Press, 2013.
Barrett Litoff, J., The United States and China, Oxford University Press, 2013.
Barrett Litoff, J., Review Essay, Yalta 1945 and Yalta: The Price of Peace, American Communist History , 2012.
Barrett Litoff, J., Review of "Homefront Heroines", 2012.
Barrett Litoff, J., Review of Remember Nazi Germany and Mississippi Tyranny Too, Journal of Mississippi History, 2012.