Our program, ranked No. 6 in the U.S. by College Factual, prepares students to move their companies ahead of the competition by successfully mobilizing and coordinating resources, all while keeping a close eye on the bottom line. Rigorous coursework offers an understanding of complex managerial issues and ethical practices.
- Madan Gopal Annavarjula - Professor
- Lori A. Coakley - Professor
- Diya Das - Associate Professor
- Crystal Jiang - Associate Professor
- Kai Kim - Assistant Professor
- Eileen Kwesiga - Associate Professor
- Harsh K. Luthar - Professor
- Lou Mazzucchelli - Lecturer
- John M. Poirier - Lecturer
- Dirk J Primus - Assistant Professor
- Andres Ramirez - Professor
- Christopher Ratcliffe - Lecturer
- Michael A. Roberto - Professor
- Christopher John Roethlein - Professor
- Adam Rubin - Senior Lecturer
- Elzotbek Rustambekov - Assistant Professor
- James Courtney Segovis - Associate Professor
- V. K. Unni - Professor
- John K. Visich - Professor
- Mark A Vozella - Lecturer
- Angela Wicks - Associate Professor
- Shirley A. Wilson - Professor
Elzotbek RustambekovAssistant Professor, Management
Faculty Suite J, Room 106
Elzotbek Rustambekov, PhD, is originally from Uzbekistan, where he earned his BBA Summa Cum Laude from Tashkent State Technical University. Prior to career in academia Dr. Rustambekov worked with the Ministry of Finance of Uzbekistan, Tashkent City Hall, Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) and United Nations Development Program (UNDP). Dr. Rustambekov holds an MBA from Hofstra University, an MSc from the University of St Andrews, and a PhD from Old Dominion University.
Teaching interests include Crafting & Executing Strategy: The Capstone Experience, Mastering Strategic Analysis for MBA Students, Global Foundations of Organizations and Business, Institutions in International Business and Special Topics, International Business Practicum, International Experience to South East Asia.
Research interests include Antecedents of Corporate Risk Taking, Enterprise Risk Management, Risk Contingency Allocations, Dynamic Capabilities, Creativity and Knowledge Transfer, Governance in Transition Economies
- Academy of Management
- Academy of International Business
- Strategic Management Society
- 2016, GSU-CIBER FDIB-Globalization Workshop Fellowship recipient
- 2016, Merit Award for Teaching, Scholarship and Service
- 2015, Parity Award for Teaching, Scholarship and Service
- 2014, Inducted into Beta Gamma Sigma
- 2009, Recipient of GW-CIBER Doctoral Institute Scolarship
- 2006, Winner of the Second Place in the National Research Competition
- 2005, Selected as Best OSI/FCO Alumni for Bilgi University
- 2004, OSI/FCO Chevening Award recipient at the University of St. Andrews
- 1999, Presidential Scholar at Hofstra University
- 1997, Selected 2/100 for Student Exchange Program to University Kebangsaan
Rustambekov, E., Mohan, R., Cultural Immersion Trip to Southeast Asia: A Study of Cross Cultural Intelligence, Journal of Teaching in International Business, 2017.
Rustambekov, E., Trendowski , J., Risk Taking and Bank Failure Before and After the Onset of the Financial Crisis – A Decade in Review, Journal of Applied Business and Economics .
Rustambekov, E., Graham, A., Nandialath, A. M., Skaradzinski, D., Macroeconomic Determinants of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) Adoption: Evidence from the Middle East North Africa (MENA) Region, Accounting and Taxation, 2017.
Rustambekov, E., Moghaddam, K., Transnational Entrepreneurship: A Strategic Entrepreneurship Approach, New England Journal of Entrepreneurship, 2017.
Rustambekov, E., Subramanian, G., Governance and Human Development in Transition Economies, International Business and Economics Research Journal, 2017.
Rustambekov, E., Unni, V., The Effectiveness of Strategy in Non-Profit Organizations: An Exploratory Study of Academic Institutions, Journal of Business Strategies, 2017.
Rustambekov, E., Mohan, R., Why Do Firms Relocate Headquarters? An Examination of Stable and Dynamic Industries, IUP Jounal of Business Strategy, 2016.
Yoder, S., Visich, J., Rustambekov, E., Lessons Learned From International Expansion Failures And Successes, Business Horizons, 2016.
Nair, A., McShane, M., Bromiley, P., Rustambekov, E., Enterprise Risk Management: Review, Critique, and Research Directions, Long Range Planning, 2015.
Nair, A., Rustambekov, E., McShane, M., Fainshmidt, S., Enterprise Risk Management as a Dynamic Capability: A test of its effectiveness during a crisis, Managerial and Decision Economics, 2013.
McShane, M., Nair, A., Rustambekov, E., Does Enterprise Risk Management Increase Firm Value?, Journal of Accounting Auditing and Finance, 2011.