Our program, ranked No. 6 in the U.S. by College Factual, prepares students to move their companies ahead of the competition by successfully mobilizing and coordinating resources, all while keeping a close eye on the bottom line. Rigorous coursework offers an understanding of complex managerial issues and ethical practices.
- Madan Gopal Annavarjula - Professor
- Lori A. Coakley - Professor
- Diya Das - Associate Professor
- Crystal Jiang - Associate Professor
- Kai Kim - Assistant Professor
- Eileen Kwesiga - Associate Professor
- Harsh K. Luthar - Professor
- Lou Mazzucchelli - Lecturer
- John M. Poirier - Lecturer
- Dirk J Primus - Assistant Professor
- Andres Ramirez - Professor
- Christopher Ratcliffe - Lecturer
- Michael A. Roberto - Professor
- Christopher John Roethlein - Professor
- Adam Rubin - Senior Lecturer
- Elzotbek Rustambekov - Assistant Professor
- James Courtney Segovis - Associate Professor
- V. K. Unni - Professor
- John K. Visich - Professor
- Mark A Vozella - Lecturer
- Angela Wicks - Associate Professor
- Shirley A. Wilson - Professor
John K. VisichProfessor, Management
Faculty Suite A, Room 21
John Visich is a prolific writer of case studies, using them frequently as a teaching tool. Cases offer a real-world approach to understanding the science and art of making decisions. In 2011, Visich and Bryant colleague Chris Roethlein won the Teaching Case Studies Award Competition at the Annual Meeting of the Decision Sciences Institute. Their case “Narragansett Brewing Company: The Rebirth of a Brand” beat 19 other cases from around the world.
A tireless mentor, Visich oversees dozens of undergraduate and graduate school internships and directed studies for students working at companies that include Target, Day-O-Lite, CVS Caremark, Narragansett Brewing Company, Teknor Apex, and TJX. He has received the Bryant University Outstanding MBA Professor Award three times. “I like working with students to try and understand the challenges of small companies and help them find solutions,” he said.
Operations and Supply Chain Management, Corporate Social Responsibility in the Global Supply Chain, International Operations Management
Supply Chain Management, Radio Frequency Identification, Mixed-model U-shaped Assembly Line Balancing, Sustainable Supply Chains
- European Operations Management Association
- Decision Sciences Institute
- APICS: The Association for Operations Management
- Production and Operations Management Society
- 2015, Santander Faculty Research Collaboration Award
- 2015, Honorable Mention Page Prize for Sustainability Issues in Business Curricula
- 2014, Case Competition Winner
- 2014, Outstanding MBA Professor Award
- 2013, Outstanding MBA Professor Award
- 2012, Outstanding MBA Professor Award
- 2011, Case Competition Winner
- 2009, Case Competition Honorable Mention
- 2007, Outstanding MBA Professor Award
- 2006, Best Reviewer Award
- 2004, Case Competition Honorable Mention
- 1999, Melcher Award for Excellence in Teaching by a Doctoral Candidate
Branco, D., Wicks, A., Visich, J., Using Quality Tools and Methodologies to Improve a Hospital’s Quality Position, Hospital Topics.
Visich, J. K., Gu, Q., Li, K., Wang, Z., Exploiting timely demand information in determining production lot-sizing: An exploratory study, International Journal of Production Research, 2017.
Terracciano, A., Reyes, P., Visich, J., Supplier Selection Criteria and the Triple Bottom Line, Proceedings of the Annual Meeting of the Northeast Decision Sciences Institute, 2015.
Visich, J., Evaluation of Mixed-Model U-Line Operational Designs, International Transactions in Operational Research, 2013.
Roethlein, C., Wicks, A., Visich, J., Narragansett Brewing Company: Build A Brewery, Financial Times Press.
Visich, J., Time to Take off the Blinders, APICS Magazine, 2013.
Gravier, M., Roethlein, C., Visich, J., Putting Traditional Supply Chains out of Business: The Disruptive Impact of Additive Manufacturing.
Reyer, P., Visich, J., Li, S., Determinants of RFID Adoption Stage and Perceived Benefits, European Journal of Operational Research , 2016.
Yoder, S., Visich, J., Rustambekov, E., Lessons Learned From International Expansion Failures And Successes, Business Horizons, 2016.
Visich, J. K., Reyes, P. M., Roethlein, C. J., Container Returns at Pasadena Water Solutions, Pearson/Financial Times Press, 2015.
Visich, J. K., Reyes, P. M., Roethlein, C. J., Container Returns at Pasadena Water Solutions: Synopsis, Decision Sciences Institute, 2015.
Visich, J., Reyes, P., Roethlein, C., Container Returns at Pasadena Water Solutions, Proceedings of the 45th Annual Meeting of the Decision Sciences Institute, 2014.
Visich, J., Roethlein, C., Social and Environmental Factors in the Offshoring Decision Model, Proceedings of the Academy of International Business U.S. Northeast Chapter Annual Conference, 2014.
Visich, J., Carow, E., Roethlein, C., Li, S., Product Recalls and RFID: a Framework for Perishables and Pharmaceuticals?, International Journal of Automated Identification Technology, 2013.
Visich, J., Reyer, P., Li, S., Radio Frequency Identification Implementation in Hospitals: Insights for Health Care Executives and Managers, Production and Inventory Management Journal, 2012.
Visich, J., Reyes, P. M., Li, S., An Empirical Investigation of RFID Drivers, Barriers, Implementation and Benefits, Annual Meeting of Northeast Decision Science Institute, 2012.
Visich, J., Wicks, A., Roethlein, C., Narragansett Brewing Company ‘Build a Brewery’ Case Study Competition: Spring 2012, Decision Line, 2012.
Weaver, B., Visich, J., Roethlein, C., Coordination, Cooperation and Collaboration Defining the C3 Framework, Proceedings of the 43rd Annual Meeting of the Decision Sciences Institute, 2012.
Wicks, A., Visich, J., Roethlein, C., Build A Brewery Case Assignment, Decision Line: In the Classroom, 2012.
Visich, J., Roethlein, C., Narragansett Brewing Company: The Rebirth of a Brand, Proceedings of the 42nd Annual Meeting of the Decision Sciences Institute, 2011.
Wicks, A., Visich, J., Lean Implementation and Supply Chain Development at Oak Hills, 2011.
Wicks, A., Visich, J., Practionioner Perceptions of the A3 Method for Process Improvement in Health Care, Decision Sciences journal of Innovative Education, 2010.
Wicks, A., Visich, J., Li, S., Radio frequency identification applications in healthcare, Reprinted in EII, 2008.
Wicks, A., Visich, J., The IDEAL service transaction analysis approach for projects in operations management courses, International Journal of Information and Operations Management Education, 2006.
Wicks, A., Visich, J., Li, S., Radio Frequency Identification Applications in Hospital Environments, Hospital Topics, 2006.
Wicks, A., Visich, J., Li, S., Radio frequence identification applictions in healthcare, Healthcare Technology and Management, 2006.
Wicks, A., Visich, J., Lean Implementation and Supply Chain Development at Oak Hills, 2005.