Our accounting program, ranked No. 4 in the country by College Factual, is renowned for educating professionals who play a crucial role in the success of their organizations. Our graduates are prepared to excel because they possess first-rate communication skills and understand a complete range of business functions.
- Daniel Ames - Associate Professor
- Kwadwo Nyarko Asare - Assistant Professor
- David J. Beausejour - Professor
- Dennis Bline - Professor
- Charles P. Cullinan - Professor
- Robert H. Farrar - Associate Professor
- Lookman Buky Folami - Professor
- Mary Ella Gainor - Senior Lecturer
- Gene Kovacs - Visiting Professor
- Tim G. Krumwiede - Professor
- Michael F. Lynch - Professor
- William John Lynch - Lecturer
- Elena Precourt - Assistant Professor
- Saeed Roohani - Lecturer
- Lawrence H. Witner - Associate Professor
- Xiaochuan Zheng - Associate Professor
- Jeffrey Brown
- David Casten
- Tanya M. Jones
- Stephen Pascarella
- Anthony Pencek
Lookman Buky FolamiProfessor, Accounting
Faculty Suite J, Room 117
M PAcc, Georgia State University
BS, Robert Morris University
International Accounting, Financial Accounting, and Managerial Accounting
International , Behavioral, and Financial Accounting. Education
- Academy of Business Education
- American Accounting Association
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Institute of Certified Management Accountants
- Institute of Management Accountants
- Rhode Island Society of Certified Public Accountants
- National Association of Certified Valuators and Analyst
- 2016, Research Award
- 2016, Service Award
- 2013, Best Paper Award
- 2013, Fellowship in the World Business Institute
- 2013, Service Award
- 2012, Research Award
- 2011, NABA’s 2011 National Achievement in Education Award
- 2010, Bryant University Outstanding Service Award, 2009 - 2010
- 2008, PWC IFRS Ready 2009 Grant winner
- 2004, Outstanding Paper Award
- 2000, Outstanding Research Award, University of Alabama in Huntsville (1999/2000)
- 1994, AICPA Minority Doctoral Fellowship (1994/1998)
- 1994, American Accounting Association Doctoral Consortium Fellow
- 1993, Outstanding Graduate Student Award (1992/1993 Academic Year)
Asare, K., Folami, L., Precourt, E., Do analysts incorporate formal measures of earnings quality into their earnings forecasts?.
Annavarjula, M., Folami, L., Ramirez, A., Zdravkovic, S., Use of integrative curriculum to enhance international business education, International Journal of Education Research, 2014.
Asare, K., Kwesiga, E., Bline, D., Folami, L., The Impact of Job Satisfaction and Organizational Context Variables on Organizational Commitment, International Journal of Business and Public Administration, 2014.
Lee, C., Chung, Y., Folami, L., An Evaluation of the Impact of Strategic Linkage on BSC Usage and Perfomance, Global Review of Accounting and Finance, 2014.
Asare, K., Kwesiga, E., Bline, D., Folami, L., The Impact of Job Satisfaction and Organizational Context Variables on Organizational Commitment, Proceedings of The International Academy of Business and Public Administration 2013 Conference in Las Vegas, Nevada, 2013.
Asare, K., Kwesiga, E., Bline, D., Folami, L., The Impact of Job Satisfaction and Organizational Context Variables on Organizational Commitment, The International Academy of Business and Public Administration, 2013.
Cullinan, C., Folami, L., The Bayou Company: An IFRS Case, AAA 2013 Annual Meeting, Anaheim, CA, 2013.
Folami, L., An Evaluation of the Impact of Strategic Linkage on BSC Usage and Perfomance, European Business Research Conference, Rome-Italy, 2013.
Folami, L., Factors to Consider When Evaluating the Competence of a Financial Expert Witness, The CPA Journal, 2013.
Zdravkovic, S., Annavarjula, M., Ramirez, A., Folami, L., Use of Integrative Curriculum to Enhance International Business Education, Proceedings of The International Academy of Business and Public Administration 2013 Conference in Las Vegas, Nevada, 2013.
Bline, D., Folami, L., Relationship among Job Satisfaction, Task Complexity, and Organizational Context in Public Accounting, International Review of Business Research Papers, 2012.
Folami, L., Diversity in Accounting Profession, AAA Diversity Section 2012., 2012.
Bline, D., Krumwiede, T., Simons, K., Folami, L., Bryant University IFRS Ready Teaching Materials for use by colleges and universities, 2009.
Folami, L., Managerial and Functional Influences on Perceived Environmental Uncertainty, Journal of Finance and Accountancy, 2009.
Folami, L., SFAS 123 Amendment and the Use of Lattice Models to Value Employee Stock Options: Implications for Accountants, The CPA Journal, 2006.