Our accounting program, ranked No. 4 in the country by College Factual, is renowned for educating professionals who play a crucial role in the success of their organizations. Our graduates are prepared to excel because they possess first-rate communication skills and understand a complete range of business functions.
- Daniel Ames - Associate Professor
- Kwadwo Nyarko Asare - Assistant Professor
- David J. Beausejour - Professor
- Dennis Bline - Professor
- Charles P. Cullinan - Professor
- Robert H. Farrar - Associate Professor
- Lookman Buky Folami - Professor
- Mary Ella Gainor - Senior Lecturer
- Gene Kovacs - Visiting Professor
- Tim G. Krumwiede - Professor
- Michael F. Lynch - Professor
- William John Lynch - Lecturer
- Elena Precourt - Assistant Professor
- Saeed Roohani - Lecturer
- Lawrence H. Witner - Associate Professor
- Xiaochuan Zheng - Associate Professor
- Jeffrey Brown
- David Casten
- Tanya M. Jones
- Stephen Pascarella
- Anthony Pencek
Elena PrecourtAssistant Professor, Accounting
Faculty Suite B, Room 331
MBA, University of Maine
BA, University of Maine
Financial Accounting, Advanced Accounting, and Accounting Principles
Analyst Recommendations and Earnings Forecasts, Mergers and Acquisitions, Capital Structure, Initial Public Offering, Bankruptcy and Financial Distress, Institutional Trading.
- Rhode Island Association of Accounting Professors
- American Accounting Association
- The Institute of Internal Auditors
- 2018, Merit Award
- 2016, Research Award
- 2016, Summer Research Stipend
- 2015, Summer Research Stipend
- 2012, Enhancement of Graduate Research Award
Oppenheimer, H. R., Precourt, E., Acquisitions of Bankrupt and Distressed Firms, International Journal of Bonds and Derivatives, 2016.
Oppenheimer, H. R., Precourt, E., What do Institutional Investors Know and Act on before Almost Everyone Else: Evidence from Corporate Bankruptcies, Journal of Accounting and Finance, 2015.
Asare, K., Folami, L., Precourt, E., Do analysts incorporate formal measures of earnings quality into their earnings forecasts?.
Precourt, E., The Effect of the JOBS Act on Analyst Coverage of Emerging Growth Companies, Emerald Group Publishing.
Precourt, E., Cullinan, C., Zheng, X., Portfolio Liquidity and Share Turnover of Closed-end Mutual Funds, Journal of Accounting and Finance.
Precourt, E., Gainor, M., Factors Affecting Classroom Participation and How Participation Leads to a Better Learning, Accounting Education: An International Journal.
Precourt, E., Kwon, S., The Decline of Value Relevance of Earnings of Acquirers with Private Targets Following M&A.
Precourt, E., Oppenheimer, H., Do Institutional Investors Trade Consistently with Sell-Side Analyst Recommendations? Evidence from Corporate Bankruptcies., Quarterly Journal of Finance and Accounting, 2019.
Gainor, M., Precourt, E., Taking Subjectivity out of Grading College Classroom Participation, Journal of the Academy of Business Education, 2017.