Our accounting program, ranked No. 4 in the country by College Factual, is renowned for educating professionals who play a crucial role in the success of their organizations. Our graduates are prepared to excel because they possess first-rate communication skills and understand a complete range of business functions.
- Daniel Ames - Professor
- Kwadwo Nyarko Asare - Assistant Professor
- David J. Beausejour - Professor
- Dennis Bline - Professor
- Charles P. Cullinan - Professor
- Robert H. Farrar - Associate Professor
- Lookman Buky Folami - Professor
- Mary Ella Gainor - Senior Lecturer
- Gene Kovacs - Visiting Professor
- Tim G. Krumwiede - Professor
- Michael F. Lynch - Professor
- William John Lynch - Lecturer
- Elena Precourt - Assistant Professor
- Saeed Roohani - Professor
- Lawrence H. Witner - Associate Professor
- Xiaochuan Zheng - Associate Professor
- Gregory Covino
- Michele Etzold
- Tanya M. Jones
- Diane M. Larsen
- Jacob Lewtan
- Jennifer Mier
- Maha Mitrelis
- Stephen Pascarella
- Anthony Pencek
Mary Ella GainorSenior Lecturer, Accounting
Faculty Suite A, Room 13
BSBA, Bryant University
Undergraduate: Principles of Financial Accounting, Principles of Managerial Accounting, Financial Reporting I, Financial reporting II,Financial Reporting III Graduate: Project Management for Accounting Leadership, Reporting and Controlling Resources
Classroom pedagogy, Experiential learning, Flipping the classroom, Active Learning
- American Accounting Association
- RI Association of Accounting Professors, Treasurer
- 2019, Bryant Merit Award for Teaching
- 2017, Bryant Merit Award for Teaching
- 2017, ODK (Omicron Delta Kappa) Honor Society Inductee
- 2017, Honorary Coach of Bryant Womens Basketball Team
- 2013, Bryant Merit Award for Teaching
- 2013, Bryant's Contributing to Success Recognition
- 2011, Honorable Mention - Bea Sanders Excellence in Teaching Award
- 2007, Nominated for Bea Sanders Excellence in Teaching Award 2008
- 2005, Diamond Sales Award
- 1994, Continuous Quality Improvement Award
Precourt, E., Gainor, M., Factors Affecting Classroom Participation and How Participation Leads to a Better Learning, Accounting Education: An International Journal.
Bline, D., Gainor, M., Zheng, X., The Effect of Active Learning Activities on Knowledge Acquisition and Knowledge Application, Journal of the Academy of Business Education, 2018.
Gainor, M., Precourt, E., Taking Subjectivity out of Grading College Classroom Participation, Journal of the Academy of Business Education, 2017.
Gainor, M., Trifts, J., Duxbury, T., Increasing Active Learning in Accounting and Finance by Flipping the Classroom, Journal of the Academy of Business Education, 2016.
Gainor, M., Bline, D., Zheng, X., Teaching internal control through active learning, Journal of Accounting Education , 2014.
Witner, L., Gainor, M., In the Age of a 3.8% Net Investment Income Tax, Still Advisable to Amortize Bond Premium, Journal of Taxation and Investment, 2014.