The Department of Communication's undergraduate and graduate academic programs embrace a common mission: to fortify the intellectual and social skills necessary for effective human communication. The focus is on oral, written, and mediated communication skills that are essential in both professional and personal lives.
- Stanley Baran - Professor
- Susan R. Baran - Lecturer
- Kristen M. Berkos - Associate Professor
- Thomas Francis Dooley - Lecturer
- Mary Phoebe Lyons - Professor
- Chris R. Morse - Associate Professor
- Kevin Pearce - Associate Professor
- Mary Robins - Lecturer
- Wendy Samter - Professor
- Julie E. Volkman - Assistant Professor
- Thomas Zammarelli - Lecturer
- Walter Franco
- Mary Ann Gallo
- Lisa Hunter-Mason
- Michael Montecalvo
- Dana Nolfe
- Adam Olenn
- Leslie Saylor
Kristen M. BerkosAssociate Professor, Communication
Faculty Suite H, Room 2206
MA, California State University, Long Beach
BA, California State University, Long Beach
Intrapersonal Communication, Imagined Interactions, Gossip, Instructional Communication, Interpersonal Communication, Teacher Misbehaviors
- American Association of Colleges and Universities
- Eastern Communication Association
- International Communication Association
- National Communication Association
- Western States Communication Association
- 2018, Summer Research Stipend
- 2018, Sabbatical
- 2015, Merit Award for Service
- 2012, Teachers on Teaching Honoree
- 2010, Merit Award for Service
- 2007, Merit Award for Research
- 2004, Merit Award for Teaching Excellence
Bach, B., Backlund, P., Ball, T., Bodary, D., Bowman, J., Williams, K. M., Berkos, K., Drawing learning outcomes in communication into meaningful practice. , 2015.
Bach, B., Backlund, P., Ball, T., Bodary, D., Bowman, J., Williams, K. M., Berkos, K., What should a graduate with a communication degree know, understand, and be able to do? , National Communication Association, 2015.
Bach, B., Backlund, P., Ball, t., Bodary, D., Bowman, J., Williams, K. M., Berkos, K. M., The role of the communication discipline on campus and beyond. , National Communication Association, 2015.
Bach, B., Philip, B., Timothy, B., David, B., Jonathan, B., Williams, K. M., Berkos, K., College graduates have the knowledge and skills employers need. , National Communication Association, 2015.
Somerville, M., Berkos, K., Classroom connectedness and group projects with international, intercultural, and domestic students in the American classroom., Journal of International Students.
Berkos, K., Denham, J., Intimacy, Marital Satisfaction, and Third Party Imagined Interactions, Imagination, Cognition, and Personality, Sage, 2017.
Berkos, K., Imagined interactions as a deterrent to students' antisocial email requests, Imagination, Cognition, and Personality, 2013.