The study of economics provides students with an opportunity to understand the most important aspects of modern societies such as the global economy, production decisions, income distribution, consumption of goods and services, government’s role and the interaction between households and businesses.
- Laurie J. Bates - Professor
- Laura Beth Beaudin - Assistant Professor
- Aziz N. Berdiev - Associate Professor
- Jongsung Kim - Professor
- Sam Mirmirani - Professor
- Ramesh Mohan - Professor
- Xiaofei Pan - Assistant Professor
- Robert Reinauer - Lecturer
- Joseph Shaanan - Professor
- Allison Shwachman Kaminaga - Lecturer
- Edinaldo Tebaldi - Professor
- Paul H Boisvert
- Christopher Briggs
- Robert Jones
- Mary Joyce
- Kyle Montanio
- Angelo Neto
- Robert Nigohosian
- Mohammad Raissi
- Victoria Stedman
Aziz N. BerdievAssociate Professor, Economics
Faculty Suite J, Room 144
Principles of Macroeconomics, Money and Banking, Economics of Social Issues, Intermediate Macroeconomics, Econometrics, Fed Challenge
Macroeconomics, Political Economy, International Trade and Finance
- American Economic Association
- Eastern Economic Association
- Western Economic Association
- 2017, Merit Award, Bryant University
- 2015, Merit Award, Bryant University
- 2013, Merit Award, Bryant University
Berdiev, A., Goel, R. K., Saunoris, J. W., Corruption and the shadow economy: One-way or two-way street?, The World Economy, 2018.
Berdiev, A., Saunoris, J. W., Corruption and entrepreneurship: Cross-country evidence from formal and informal sectors, Southern Economic Journal, 2018.
Berdiev, A., Saunoris, J. W., Does globalisation affect the shadow economy?, The World Economy, 2018.
Beaudin, L., Berdiev, A., Kaminaga, A., Mirmirani, S., Tebaldi, E., Enhancing the teaching of introductory economics with a team-based, multi-section competition, The Journal of Economic Education, 2017.
Berdiev, A., Saunoris, J. W., Financial development and the shadow economy: A panel VAR analysis, Economic Modelling, 2016.
Berdiev, A., Chang, C., Business Cycle Synchronization in Asia-Pacific: New Evidence from Wavelet Analysis, Journal of Asian Economics, 2015.
Berdiev, A., Pasquesi-Hill, C., Saunoris, J. W., Exploring the dynamics of the shadow economy across US states, Applied Economics, 2015.
Chang, C., Berdiev, A., Do Natural Disasters Increase the Likelihood that a Government is Replaced?, Applied Economics, 2015.