Since virtually all business decisions have a financial dimension, an understanding of the financial implications of a decision is crucial for effective management. Our program, ranked No. 12 in the country by College Factual, and a Bloomberg Experiential Learning partner, helps Finance students develop a problem-solving, decision analysis framework centered around value creation and serving the consumer.
- N. Asli Ascioglu - Professor
- Mara Derderian - Lecturer
- Maura Ann Dowling - Lecturer
- John Fellingham - Lecturer
- A. Can Inci - Professor
- Victor Jarosiewicz - Visiting Professor
- David C. Ketcham - Associate Professor
- Jeffrey S. Koplik - Lecturer
- David Louton - Professor
- Kevin J. Maloney - Senior Lecturer
- Joseph McCarthy - Professor
- Peter Joseph Nigro - Professor
- Andres Ramirez - Associate Professor
- Hakan Saraoglu - Professor
- Jack W. Trifts - Professor
- Cathy Zheng - Assistant Professor
- Carlos Coutinho
- Brendan Flaherty
- Chris Goolgasian
- Raymond R. Grigelevich
- Joseph Santarlasci
- Jeremy S. Weinstein
David LoutonProfessor, Finance
Faculty Suite G
MBA, Michigan State University
BS, Michigan State University
- CFA Institute - Providence
- Academy of Financial Services
- Eastern Finance Association
- American Finance Association
- Financial Management Association
- 2013, Best Paper Award
- 2008, Best Paper Award
Holowczak, R., Louton, D., Saraoglu, H., Testing Market Response to Auditor Change Filings: A Comparison of Machine Learning Classifiers, The Journal of Finance and Data Science.
Saraoglu, H., McCarthy, J., Rush, S., Sosa, O., Louton, D., Tactical Asset Allocation for U.S. Pension Investors: How Tactical Should the Plan Be?, Journal of Asset Management.
Ascioglu, N., Louton, D., Holowczak, R., Saraoglu, H., The Evolution of Market Share Among the U.S. Options Market Platforms., The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, 2017.
Saraoglu, H., Ascioglu, N., Holowczak, R., Louton, D., Competition and Innovation in Option Market Models, Journal of Trading, 2015.
Saraoglu, H., Holowczak, R., Louton, D., Institutional Impact and Quote Behavior Implications of the Options Penny Pilot Project, Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, 2014.
Saraoglu, H., Louton, D., How Many Mutual Funds Are Needed to Form a Well Diversified Asset Allocated Portfolio?, Journal of Investing, 2008.