Since virtually all business decisions have a financial dimension, an understanding of the financial implications of a decision is crucial for effective management. Our program, ranked No. 12 in the country by College Factual, and a Bloomberg Experiential Learning partner, helps Finance students develop a problem-solving, decision analysis framework centered around value creation and serving the consumer.
- N. Asli Ascioglu - Professor
- Mara Derderian - Lecturer
- Maura Ann Dowling - Lecturer
- John Fellingham - Lecturer
- A. Can Inci - Professor
- Victor Jarosiewicz - Visiting Professor
- David C. Ketcham - Associate Professor
- Jeffrey S. Koplik - Lecturer
- David Louton - Professor
- Kevin J. Maloney - Senior Lecturer
- Joseph McCarthy - Professor
- Peter Joseph Nigro - Professor
- Andres Ramirez - Associate Professor
- Hakan Saraoglu - Professor
- Jack W. Trifts - Professor
- Cathy Zheng - Assistant Professor
- John Ashburne
- Carlos Coutinho
- Brendan Flaherty
- Chris Goolgasian
- Raymond R. Grigelevich
- Vincent McCrystal
- Joseph Santarlasci
Hakan SaraogluProfessor, Finance
Faculty Suite G, Room 462
MBA, Bogazici University
BS, Bogazici University
Earnings Forecasts and Market Response, Portfolio Management, International Financial Markets and Institutions
- American Finance Association
- Eastern Finance Association
- Financial Management Association
- 2016, Merit Award, Bryant University
- 2015, Davis Grant for Technology Innovation for Student Learning, Bryant University
- 2013, Merit Award, Bryant University
- 2009, The Lifespan MBA Class of 2009 Outstanding Professor Award, Bryant University
- 2009, The MBA Class of 2009 Outstanding Professor Award, Bryant University
- 2008, The MBA Class of 2008 Outstanding Professor Award, Bryant University
- 2003, Davis Grant for Technology Innovation for Student Learning, Bryant University
- 2003, Faculty Development Mentor of the Year Award, Bryant University
- 2000, Excellence in Graduate Teaching Award, Bryant University
- 1999, Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching Award, Bryant University
- 1995, MSU Center for International Business Education and Research (CIBER) Doctoral Dissertation Grant
- 1994, Homer Higbee Award for International Educational Exchange, Michigan State University
- 1993, All-University Excellence in Teaching Award, Michigan State University
- 1992, W.B. and Candace Thoman Fellowship, Michigan State University
Holowczak, R., Louton, D., Saraoglu, H., Testing Market Response to Auditor Change Filings: A Comparison of Machine Learning Classifiers, The Journal of Finance and Data Science.
Saraoglu, H., McCarthy, J., Rush, S., Sosa, O., Louton, D., Tactical Asset Allocation for U.S. Pension Investors: How Tactical Should the Plan Be?, Journal of Asset Management.
Ascioglu, N., Louton, D., Holowczak, R., Saraoglu, H., The Evolution of Market Share Among the U.S. Options Market Platforms., The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, 2017.
Saraoglu, H., Ascioglu, N., Holowczak, R., Louton, D., Competition and Innovation in Option Market Models, Journal of Trading, 2015.
Saraoglu, H., Holowczak, R., Louton, D., Institutional Impact and Quote Behavior Implications of the Options Penny Pilot Project, Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, 2014.
DiSario, R., McCarthy, J., Saraoglu, H., Li, H., An Investigation of Long Memory in Various Measures of Stock Market Volatility, Journal of Economics and Finance, 2008.
DiSario, R., Saraoglu, H., McCarthy, J., Li, H., Long Memory in the Volatility of an Emerging Equity Market: The Case of Turkey, Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions & Money, 2008.
Saraoglu, H., Louton, D., How Many Mutual Funds Are Needed to Form a Well Diversified Asset Allocated Portfolio?, Journal of Investing, 2008.
McCarthy, J., DiSario, R., Saraoglu, H., Li, H., Tests of Long-Range Dependence in Interest Rates Using Wavelets, Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, 2004.