The faculty and students within our multidisciplinary department advance the study and practice of history and the social sciences through teaching, research, and outreach. Our research generates knowledge rooted in historical and social scientific approaches to the study of the human condition.
- Katayoun Alidadi - Assistant Professor
- Judy Barrett Litoff - Professor
- Andrea Boggio - Professor
- Ilisabeth Bornstein - Lecturer
- Michael Scott Bryant - Professor
- Gregg Lee Carter - Professor
- David John Ciliberto - Lecturer
- Emily Copeland - Senior Lecturer
- Kathleen L. Daly - Lecturer
- John W. Dietrich - Professor
- Sandra Lee Enos - Associate Professor
- James Roy Estey - Associate Professor
- Nicole Lynn Freiner - Associate Professor
- Colten Ward Hall - Lecturer
- Richard Holtzman - Associate Professor
- Antoine L. Joseph - Professor
- Paul Lokken - Associate Professor
- Bradford Martin - Professor
- Judith McDonnell - Professor
- Jeremy Pearson - Lecturer
- Ronald Washburn - Lecturer
- Mary Anne K. Clarke
- Ethan Dugas
- Burton Van Name Edwards
- Jeffrey Hamill
- Curtis Holland
- Gail Mohanty
- Alicia Sansone
- Shahram Shadbash
- Kristin Taylor-Costello
- Terrance N. Turner
Colten Ward HallLecturer, History and Social Sciences
Faculty Suite C, Room 233
MA, American University School of International Service
BA, University of California at Santa Barbara
Contracts, torts, comparative law, business and the law, international business transactions, constitutional law, fundamental rights, and procedural law.
European Union law, comparative constitutional law, international law, foreign policy, juvenile justice reform, trade law and policy, secessionist movements, and the Middle East.
- New York State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Hall, C. W., Navigating the Constellation: Realizing the Full Promise of Equal Dignity post-Obergefell, Quinnipiac Law Review.
Hall, C. W., Sound the Shofar in Luxembourg: Cross-Border Recognition of Same-Sex Spouses in the European Union And Israel’s Ben Ari v. Director of Population Administration, Indiana International & Comparative Law Review.
Hall, C. W., To Throw a Stone in Palestine: The Principle of Proportionality and Children in the Israeli Military Justice System, Denver Journal of International Law and Policy.