The faculty and students within our multidisciplinary department advance the study and practice of history and the social sciences through teaching, research, and outreach. Our research generates knowledge rooted in historical and social scientific approaches to the study of the human condition.
- Katayoun Alidadi - Assistant Professor
- Judy Barrett Litoff - Professor
- Andrea Boggio - Professor
- Ilisabeth Bornstein - Lecturer
- Michael Scott Bryant - Professor
- Gregg Lee Carter - Professor
- David John Ciliberto - Lecturer
- Emily Copeland - Senior Lecturer
- Kathleen L. Daly - Lecturer
- John W. Dietrich - Professor
- Sandra Lee Enos - Associate Professor
- James Roy Estey - Associate Professor
- Nicole Lynn Freiner - Associate Professor
- Colten Ward Hall - Lecturer
- Richard Holtzman - Associate Professor
- Antoine L. Joseph - Professor
- Paul Lokken - Associate Professor
- Bradford Martin - Professor
- Judith McDonnell - Professor
- Jeremy Pearson - Lecturer
- Ronald Washburn - Lecturer
- Maria Jose Abregu
- Mary Anne K. Clarke
- Burton Van Name Edwards
- Jeffrey Hamill
- Andrew Hodgkin
- Gail Mohanty
- Robert D. Oster
- A. Damien Puller
- Kristin Taylor-Costello
- Terrance N. Turner
Gregg Lee CarterProfessor, History and Social Sciences
Faculty Suite K, Room 215
M Phil, Columbia University
MA, Columbia University
BA, University of Nevada, Las Vegas
Principles of Sociology; Research Methods; Population & Society; Contemporary Social Problems; Honors Sociology
Race and Gender Issues, Causal Analysis, Population & Society (Human Ecology), Gun Control
- Alpha Kappa Delta International Sociology Honor Society
- American Sociological Association
- New England Sociological Association
- Phi Kappa Phi National Honor Society
- 2016, Bryant University Distinguished Faculty Award 2016
- 2005, Excellence in Teaching Award
- 2001, Distinguished Contributions to Instruction Award
- 2001, Sociologist of the Year
- 1998, Distinguished Research and Publication Award
- 1988, Quantitative Studies in American Society Fellow
Carter, G., Population and Society, Polity Books, 2016.
Carter, G., “3-D Guns—A Bad Idea.” , Issues: Under-standing Controversy and Society, 2018.
Carter, G. L., Gun Control in the United States—Second Edition, ABC-CLIO, 2017.
Carter, G., Doing Sociology with Student Chip: Data Happy 6th edition, 2017.
Carter, G., National Gun Laws and the Winds of Social Change , Issues: Understanding Controversy and Society (ABC-CLIO), 2017.
Carter, G., Rebalancing the Supreme Court , Issues: Understanding Controversy and Society (ABC-CLIO), 2017.
Carter, G., “Ironies Abound When Seeking to Understand Our Nation’s Gun Violence” , Issues: Under-standing Controversy and Society, 2017.
Carter, G., Guns in American Society: An Encyclopedia of History, Politics, Culture, and the Law, Second Edition, ABC-CLIO, 2012.