The faculty and students within our multidisciplinary department advance the study and practice of history and the social sciences through teaching, research, and outreach. Our research generates knowledge rooted in historical and social scientific approaches to the study of the human condition.
- Katayoun Alidadi - Assistant Professor
- Judy Barrett Litoff - Professor
- Andrea Boggio - Professor
- Michael Scott Bryant - Professor
- Gregg Lee Carter - Professor
- David John Ciliberto - Lecturer
- Emily Copeland - Senior Lecturer
- John W. Dietrich - Professor
- Sandra Lee Enos - Associate Professor
- James Roy Estey - Associate Professor
- Nicole Lynn Freiner - Associate Professor
- Colten Ward Hall - Lecturer
- Richard Holtzman - Associate Professor
- Harry Joseph Hubbard - Lecturer
- Antoine L. Joseph - Professor
- Paul Lokken - Associate Professor
- Bradford Martin - Professor
- Judith McDonnell - Professor
- Ronald Washburn - Lecturer
Nicole Lynn FreinerAssociate Professor, History and Social Sciences
Faculty Suite F, Room 415
Nicole L. Freiner is Associate Professor of Political Science at Bryant University where she teaches courses on Asian politics, Politics of Japan, Environmental Politics, Comparative and Global Politics. Ph.D., M.A. Colorado State University B.A. Alfred University.
Asian Politics, Politics of Japan, Environmental Politics and Policy, Global Politics, Comparative Politics
Asian Politics, Environmental Politics, Rice Farming and Rice Policy in Japan, Agricultural Policy in Japan, Gender Politics, Comparative Politics
- AAS (Association for Asian Studies)
- APSA (American Political Science Association)
- ASDP (Asian Studies Development Program)
- JSA (Japan Studies Association)
- New England Political Science Association
- Law and Society Association
- Providence Council on Foreign Relations
- Association of American Colleges and Universities
- 2015, Summer Scholar Award
- 2014, Merit Pay Award
- 2004, ABD Fellow
Freiner, N., Re-Telling Fukushima, Re-Shaping Citizenshp: Women Netizans in Japan, Lexington Books, 2018.
Freiner, N., Gender, Politics and the State: East Asia, Wiley Blackwell, 2016.
Freiner, N., Japan's Sacred Rice Farmers Brace for TPP Death Sentence, The Conversation, 2015.
Freiner, N., Mobilizing Mothers:The Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Catastrophe and Environmental Activism in Japan, Asia Network Exchange: A Journal for Asian Studies in the Liberal Arts, 2013.
Freiner, N., The Social and Gender Politics of Confucian Nationalism: Women and the Japanese Nation-State, Palgrave Macmillan, 2012.
Freiner, N., Japan’s vote for Abe could worsen prospects for peace with North Korea, China, TheConversation.com, 2017.
Freiner, N., Japan may have tricky time passing TPP after making concessions on rice, beef, TheConversation.com, 2015.