Our program, ranked No. 8 in the U.S. by College Factual 2019, prepares students to move their companies ahead of the competition by successfully mobilizing and coordinating resources, all while keeping a close eye on the bottom line. Rigorous coursework offers an understanding of complex managerial issues and ethical practices.
- Madan Gopal Annavarjula - Professor
- Lori A. Coakley - Professor
- Diya Das - Associate Professor
- T. V. Jayaraman - Lecturer
- Crystal Jiang - Associate Professor
- Samuel Kornreich - Lecturer
- Eileen Kwesiga - Associate Professor
- Harsh K. Luthar - Professor
- Robert Peter Massoud - Lecturer
- Lou Mazzucchelli - Lecturer
- Kathryn Ostermeier - Assistant Professor
- John M. Poirier - Senior Lecturer
- Dirk J Primus - Assistant Professor
- Andres Ramirez - Associate Professor
- Christopher Ratcliffe - Lecturer
- Michael A. Roberto - Professor
- Christopher John Roethlein - Professor
- Adam Rubin - Senior Lecturer
- Elzotbek Rustambekov - Associate Professor
- James Courtney Segovis - Associate Professor
- V. K. Unni - Professor
- John K. Visich - Professor
- Mark A Vozella - Lecturer
- Shirley A. Wilson - Professor
- Alberto Aneses-Negron
- Linda Barringer
- Elizabeth Carter
- Ed Drozda
- Bo Fan
- Valerie Leduc
- Keith Murphy
- Mehreen Pasha
James Courtney SegovisAssociate Professor, Management
Faculty Suite C, Room 213
MBA, Southern Methodist University Cox School of Business
BA, State University of New York at Cortand
He currently teaches graduate and undergraduate courses in Leadership, Management, Power & Influence, Negotiation & Conflict Resolution, Strategy, Teambuilding & Conflict Resolution, and Client Consulting.
Stress Management, Coping, Cross-cultural management issues, Organization transformation and Change, Negotiation, and Conflict Resolution and Team Building
- Organizational Behavior Teaching Society
- The Academy of Management
- American Society for Training & Development
- Employee Assistance Professionals Association
- 2015, MBA Outstanding Professor Award for the Part-time MBA Program
- 2014, University Service Award - Team
- 2013, Outstanding Professor Award, MBA Class of 2013
- 2010, Outstanding Professor Award, MBA Class of 2010
- 2008, Excellence In Teaching Award
- 2008, Recognition for Outstanding Dedication and Invaluable Service
- 2005, The Order of Omega
- 2005, Omicron Delta Kappa National Leadership Honor Society
- 2004, Global Entrepreneurship Program Faculty Award
- 2000, Leadership Rhode Island, Upsilon Class of 2000
- 1994, The Continuous Quality Improvement Award
- 1991, Meritorious Achievement Award
- 1990, Meritorious Achievement Award
- 1988, Chairman Letter of Recognition
- 1987, Chairman Letter of Recognition
- 1984, The Academy of Management Doctoral Consortium
- 1983, The Academy of Management Doctoral Consortium
- 1973, Lilly Foundation Intern
- 1970, Who's Who in American Colleges
- 1966, Jenkin's Scholar
Coakley, L., Roberto, M., Segovis, J., Meeting the challenge of developing innovative problem-solving students using design thinking and organizational behavior concepts, Business Education Innovation Journal, Elm Street Press.
Roberto, M., Segovis, J., Coakley, L., Meeting the Challenge of Developing Innovative Problem-Solving Students Using Design Thinking and OB Concpets, Business Education Innovation Journal.
Segovis, J., Coakley, L., Five Easy Pieces, Ivey Publishig.
Segovis, J., Coakley, L., Leading Adversity: Challenges of Institutional Vision, Survival and Failure, Case Research Journal .
Bhagat, R. S., Nelson, T., Segovis, J., Work Stress and Coping in the Era of Globalization, LEA/Psychology Press - Taylor and Francis Group, 2012.
Bhagat, R. S., McDevitt, A. S., Segovis, J., Immigration as an adaptive challenge: Implications for lifelong learning, Oxford Press, 2011.
Clair, L. S., Coakley, L. A., Segovis, J., The Heritage Business Group - Multipart Case (4 Parts) and Teaching Note, Ivey Case Publishing - Ivey School of Business, 2010.
Bhagat, R. S., Steverson, P. K., Segovis, J., Cultural variations in Employee Assistance Programs in an era of globalization, 2008.
Segovis, J., International and cultural variations in Employee Assistance Programmes: Implications for managerial health and effectiveness, Journal of Management Studies/Blackwell Publishing Ltd, 2007.
Bhagat, R. S., Coelho, G. V., Segovis, J., The mediating role of cognitive appraisal in the experience of stressful life events: A reconceptualization, John Wiley & Sons, 1985.
Bhagat, R. S., McQuad, S. J., Lindholm, H. R., Segovis, J., Total life stress: A multi-method validation of the construct and its effects on organizationallly valued outcomes and withdrawal behaviors, Journal of Applied Psychology/American Psychologiy Association, 1985.
Bhagat, R. S., Segovis, J., Inner contradictiions of rigorous research by Chris Argyris, Administrative Science Quarterly, 1984.
O'Conor, E. J., Peters, L., Segovis, J., Situational constraints, task-relevant abilities, and experienced frustration, Personnel Selection and Training Bulletin, 1983.
Bhagat, R. S., Segovis, J., Current concerns in occupational stress by Cary L. Cooper and Roy Payne (Editors), Administrative Science Quarterly, 1982.
Bhagat, R. S., Lindholm, H. R., McQuaid, S. J., Segovis, J., An examination of the relative contributions of organizational stress and personal life stress in the prediction of organizationallly valued outcomes, 41st Proceedings of the Academy of Management, 1981.
Bhagat, R. S., Segovis, J., Participation revisited: Implications for organizationoal stress and performance, Small Group Behavior, 1981.