Our program, ranked No. 3 in the U.S. by College Factual, offers a path to a creative, dynamic, and exciting career that influences the flow of goods, services, and ideas between producers and consumers or organizations. Our students learn how to keep an organization responsive to its environments, while managing growth and meeting needs of a multitude of publics.
- Sharmin Attaran - Associate Professor
- Stefanie L. Boyer - Associate Professor
- Michael J. Gravier - Associate Professor
- Teresa M McCarthy - Associate Professor
- Jane McKay-Nesbitt - Associate Professor
- Keith Murray - Professor
- Elaine Notarantonio - Professor
- Sandra Potter - Lecturer
- Charles J. Quigley - Professor
- Shawn P. Scott - Lecturer
- Sukki Yoon - Associate Professor
- Srdan Zdravkovic - Associate Professor
Jane McKay-NesbittAssociate Professor, Marketing
Faculty Suite J, Room 145
Jane McKay-Nesbitt came to Bryant after working for many years in the financial services industry as a Financial Planner, Bank Manager, and finally as an Investment Advisor. Jane’s ability to draw on her business experience in her teaching along with her passion for students and for teaching is reflected in the teaching awards she has received and in the awards her students have received in sales competitions. Jane also enjoys her research in Social Marketing and Marketing Pedagogy. Her work has been published in a variety of peer-reviewed academic journals and she is frequently invited to present her work at academic conferences in the US, Europe and Canada.
Fundamentals of Marketing, Personal Selling, Business to Business Marketing
Social Marketing, Advertising Effectiveness, Persuasion, Sales, Marketing Pedagogy,
- Academy of Marketing Sciences
- American Marketing Association
- Association of Consumer Research
- Administrative Sciences Association of Canada
- European Advertising Academy
- 2017, Bryant University Merit Award
- 2017, Summer Research Stipend
- 2016, Sabbatical
- 2016, Summer Research Stipend
- 2016, Highly Commended Paper 2016, Journal of Social Marketing
- 2016, Honorary Coach, Bryant Women's Basketball Team
- 2016, Sabbatical
- 2015, Recognition from students
- 2015, Mu Kappa Tau
- 2015, Award for Meritorius Teaching
- 2015, Outstanding Reviewer 2014
- 2015, Summer Research Stipend
- 2014, Sigma Chi Faculty Appreciation
- 2014, Best Reviewer
- 2014, Creativity Fellow
- 2014, Summer Research Stipend
- 2013, Omicron Delta Kappa National Leadership Honor Award
- 2013, Advisor of the Month
- 2013, Overall Team Championship
- 2013, Contributing to Success
- 2013, Summer Research Stipend
- 2012, Faculty Excellence in Teaching Award
- 2011, Award for Innovative Excellence in Teaching, Learning, and Technology
- 2009, Beta Gamma Sigma Honor Society
- 2008, Distinguished Dissertation Nominee
- 2006, McGiverin Fellowship for Highest Standing
- 2005, Alice E. Wilson Award
- 2005, Canada Doctoral Scholarship ($105,000)
- 2005, Incentive Award
- 2005, McGiverin Fellowship for Highest Standing
- 2004, Graduate Fellowship
- 2004, Ph.D. Fellowship
- 1993, Market Management, Manitoba District
Bhatnagar, N., McKay-Nesbitt, J., Chapter 1: Pro-environment advertising messages: The role of regulatory focus, Routledge, 2016.
Bhatnagar, N., McKay-Nesbitt, J., Pro-environment advertising messages: The role of regulatory focus, International Journal of Advertising, 2016.
McKay-Nesbitt, J., Bhatnagar, N., Chapter 7: Experimental Methods and Formative Research, Springer, 2016.
McKay-Nesbitt, J., Yoon, S., Social marketing communication messages: How congruence between source and content influences physical activity attitudes, Journal of Social Marketing, 2015.
Asare, K., McKay-Nesbitt, J., LeMaster-Merrick, A. E., Integrating Business Disciplines with a Team-based Integrated Approach, Advances in Accounting Education: Teaching and Curriculum Innovations , 2014.
McKay-Nesbitt, J., Bhatnagar, N., Smith, M. C., Regulatory fit effects of gender and marketing message content , Journal of Business Research, 2013.
McKay-Nesbitt, J., Smith, M. C., Message framing effects: The contribution of Weiner’s Attribution Theory , Journalism and Mass Communication, 2013.
McKay-Nesbitt, J., Zdravkovic, S., Student attitudes toward client sponsors and learning: An analysis of the effects of incorporating a client sponsored project in an introductory marketing course, Journal of Higher Education Theory and Practice, 2013.
McKay-Nesbitt, J., DeMoranville, C., McNally, D., A strategy for advancing social marketing: Social marketing projects in introductory marketing courses, Journal of Social Marketing, 2012.
McKay-Nesbitt, J., Yobaccio, E., Wicks, A., Asare, K., Integrative Business Education Focused on the Environment: A Description of the, Journal of Higher Education Theory and Practice, 2012.
McKay-Nesbitt, J., Manchanda, R. V., Smith, M. C., Huhmann, B. A., Effects of age, need for cognition, and affective intensity on advertising effectiveness, Journal of Business Research, 2011.
McKay-Nesbitt, J., Ryan, C., Yoon, S., College students' online purchase attitudes and intentions: Gender, product type, and risk, International Journal of Electronic Marketing and Retailing.
McKay-Nesbitt, J., Smith, M. C., Regulatory focus, achievement orientation, emotions, and gender: A comparison of sales manager and salesperson attributes, National Conference on Sales Management, 2017.