Through academic excellence, we provide the theoretical foundation for critical thinking in quantitative problem solving and reasoning. We help students to develop their ability to effectively communicate mathematics, and prepare them for success in a career in actuarial mathematics, applied mathematics, applied statistics, or other profession.
- Nancy Beausoleil - Lecturer
- James Bishop - Professor
- Joseph A. Capalbo - Lecturer
- Rick Gorvett - Professor
- Louise Hasenfus - Lecturer
- Kristin Kennedy - Professor
- Alicia T. Lamere - Assistant Professor
- Son Nguyen - Assistant Professor
- Gao Niu - Professor
- Alan D. Olinsky - Professor
- Karen Pitts - Lecturer
- John T. Quinn - Professor
- Michael Salzillo - Lecturer
- Richard M. Smith - Professor
- William H. Zywiak - Lecturer
- Patricia Capuano
- David Deacon
- Gerard Ethier
- JoAnn Lovett
- David Mellor
- Bradford Monroe
- Eric Simonian
- Steven Toce
- Denise Trudeau
- William Velle
- Suzanne Walker
- James Wood
Richard M. SmithProfessor, Mathematics
Faculty Suite A, Room 15
MA, University of Wisconsin - Madison
BA, Queens College of the City University of New York
Actuarial Calculus I, II, III Statistics Number Theory Linear Algebra Mathematics of Finance
Issues in Mathematics Education and Study Techniques Actuarial student education Probability and Statistics Number Theory
- Mathematical Association of America
- 2010, Distinguished Faculty Member Award
- 2001, Distinguished Faculty Award
Witner, L., Smith, R., Election to Expense and Bonus Depreciation After 2017 , Practical Tax Strategies, 2018.
Quinn, J., Olinsky, A., Schumacher, P., Smith, R., Cluster Analysis and Persistence in College Majors, Journal of Applied Research in Higher Education, Emerald Group Publishing, 2015.
Smith, R., Smith, R., The Number of Constant Terms Remaining in a Telescoping Series, The Pentagon, 2014.
Witner, L., Duxbury, T., Smith, R., Election to Expense and Bonus Depreciation to be Curtailed in 2014, Practical Tax Strategies, 2013.
Bishop, J., Smith, R., Quinn, J., The Stock Market and Presidential Election Polling – A Statistical Analysis, European Journal of Social Sciences, 2012.