Elizabeth Oluokun '18
Elizabeth Oluokun '18, the Implementation Manager at Unum Insurance Company, likes to make big plans and to help others. A proven leader on campus, Oluokun brought that drive to campus endeavors ranging from helping first-year students find their footing, to organizing shows, to social justice.
“I like being involved in a lot of things,” she said. “I’ve learned so much about myself and grown so much as an individual. The things I’m doing at Bryant are helping me become a better leader.”
On her first visit to Bryant, Oluokun quickly came to realize that the University could prepare her to make a difference. “I remember attending Bryant’s Scholarship Dinner" for incoming students,” she says, “The people who sat with me at the dinner knew what they wanted to do and how to get there. I wanted that to be me.”
Oluokun found a mentor in Susan Baran, with whom she’d taken several classes, including Mass Communications, which helped Oluokun understand the modern media industry and the factors that have shaped it, and Media Literacy.
“Professor Baran recognized my passion and helped me to figure out how to make it into a career," Oluokun said. "Communication is a skill needed to excel in any path. Having it as my major ensures success in my career."
Real World Experience
• Mentored 50 students, facilitating monthly programs about business, social, and academic development
Change Facilitator, Linked Through Leadership
• Planned and executed a 5-day service and social justice program for Bryant peers that opened conversations about privilege, identity, self-awareness and ways to work toward social change
Vice President, Advanced Evolution Dance Team
• Collaborated to foster team dynamics, helped develop choreography
• Guided prospective students and their families around the Bryant campus
Vice President, Internal Affairs, International Student Organization
• Guided the ISO in its mission to promote cultural awareness and a cooperative spirit within the Bryant community and the world
Co-organizer, Rally for a Reason
• Planned and executed a rally to celebrate and show support for Bryant’s diverse community
• Organized Orientation for the Class of 2021 and lead the training of student Orientation Leaders
A Connected Community
Bryant's purposeful student life delivers co-curricular immersion with an inspiring, collegial community. Students forge deep connections that last a lifetime.